Joining ECTA Responsible Care means implement RC principles into company strategy, management systems and daily operations. ECTA believes that Responsible Care is the best strategy for its members to communicate their continuous efforts in HSEQ to their customers in the chemical industry, for whom sustainable supply chains become of major importance.
Chemicals Transport Companies joining the ECTA RC program will be required to commit to:
- Continuously improve the environmental, health and safety performance of their transport operations of chemical goods so as to avoid harm to people and the environment;
- Ensure that proper care is taken to protect the safety and health of all people involved in their chemical transport operations;
- Minimize the environmental impact of their transport activities;
- Use resources and fuel efficiently and minimize waste;
- Take adequate measures to ensure the security of their operations;
- Collect data and report openly on their performance, achievements and shortcomings;
- Listen, engage and work with people to understand and address their concerns and expectations;
- Cooperate with governments, international institutions, organizations and authorities in the development and implementation of effective regulations and standards to improve transport safety;
- Encourage the responsible management of all those who are involved in providing a service to them, in particular transport sub‐contractors and cleaning stations.
- The ECTA members who commit to the Responsible Care principles continuous improvement collecting and reporting of key performance indicators are proudly carrying the RC logo, the sign of recognition by the chemical industry in Europe of their contribution to a sustainable supply chain.
ECTA applies the RC Scheme to its RC member companies in all European countries in the same and transparent manner, based on self assessment combined with objective and externally verified data on safety management and improvement processes one of the main information collection, verification and continuous improvement tools used in this context are the SQAS reports of these Responsible Care transport companies have been made by external assessors and are kept in the Cefic managed SQAS database.
Responsible Care is an additional membership to your ECTA Full or Associate Membership, see applied rates in the below application form.
Responsible Care Application form